The Grand Arénas district located to the North of the airport of Nice is subject to an overall development in the context of the operation of national interest of the Plaine du Var. The establishment of innovative urban cooling solutions was studied in view of improving the comfort of users outdoors in the MEC.
- Climatic comfort included in the design of the public spaces of the multimodal centre and modelling of the different development scenarios.
- Advice to the project management and implementation of solutions to improve the urban climate (shading, humidification, exposure to wind, vegetation).
- Characterisation and detailed specification of the solutions to improve the urban climate.
- Technical specifications and pre-costing & assistance with drafting the DCE documents.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the urban cooling solutions.
Users now have close to 600 m² of cooled surface (cooling cobblestones) in the MEC. The automated solutions do not require stringent monitoring and the use of raw water avoids using drinking water to cool outdoor spaces.