The Technical Department of Veolia Eau France (DTF) built an energy efficiency plan for the whole Water operations scope in France. This plan was structured around 3 areas of focus: compliance with the ISO 50 001 standard, a 2018 – 2020 savings plan with a national cost reduction target, and the digitisation of operating business lines.
The Technical Department set up a series of innovative tools to better control energy performance and monitor the improvement potential more accurately. These transformations were completed through a reorganisation and working on the energy performance dialogue between territorial and national operating entities.
2EI was appointed for different tasks aiming to:
- Provide recommendations on the organisation to adopt in order to optimise energy performance.
- Assess the level of adoption of the tools set up and monitor the resulting energy gains.
- Work with the users in defining the tools, analyse the data and indicators in order to prepare the report, and measure the gains.
- Help the teams improve their skills.
- Preparation for the ISO 50 001 standard audit, which was successfully renewed in 2018
- Measurement of the potential gains on territorial and national scales, and assessment of the level of adoption for the tools.
- Support the actors in setting up the energy performance governance plan.